VAULT OFFICER (RUSTENBURG) – G4S CASH SOLUTIONS
– SOUTH AFRICA
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S has a vacancy for a Vault Officer based in Rustenburg.
Reporting to the Vault Supervisor, the Vault Officer is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the vault processes in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role which operations play within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results-driven and to live the values of the organization.
Main Purpose of the Position:
To ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained, with optimum efficiency and ensuring traceability of cash containers/items entering, and leaving the vault department. Responsible for receiving cash in containers for hand over to the bank tellers to ensure cash is secured and packed into vault if necessary for overnight storage.
Execute day to day operations within vault operations
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function dealing with internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for ensuring accurate and secure loading and/or unloading of CIT and ATM vehicles
- Responsible for the distribution of receipt, moneybags, receipts, daily routes, route keys, and schedules to CIT crew
- Efficient operation of issuing and receiving containers, valuable items, and documentation necessary for the operational function of the branch
- Use the e-Viper system at all times for audit trail purposes, for all cash/containers/items
- Responsible for the proper use of mechanical handling equipment
- Required to cross-train in multiple processes in order to support all Cash Vault services.
- Required to cross-train in multiple processes in order to support all Cash Processing Centre services
- Control exit and entry of vehicles to loading bays(s)
- To manage the relationship between the Vault and CPC departments in particular and liaise internally with other branch staff and departments to achieve and maintain an effective and efficient vault operation
- To maintain a daily security log including a record of visitors and incidents
- To identify, record, and report any vault defects to Vault Controller and ensure that such defects do not comprise the security of the branch
- To ensure that all internal security checks are carried out in accordance with the company procedures
- To escalate reported security and/or procedural failings to the Vault Controller
- To ensure that all keys, forms, and documentation are secured at all times
- Ensure that a full and correct hand/take-over is completed at the end of the shift
- Complete all necessary paperwork and ensure records are retained and stored correctly.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- The issue, receive and maintain the security of all keys held within the secure area
- Monitor branch and vehicle holdings to ensure they are within insurance indemnities, reporting any potential breaches.
- Receive consignments of cash for handover to bank tellers
- Secure cash consignments as per company procedures and deliver the consignments to the bank
- Responsible to obtain the necessary paperwork from Floor controllers within the bank
- Verify consignments as per procedures before signing receipt thereof
- Report any discrepancy to the Vault Controller
- Perform duties related to the management of cash floats in the vault
- Receive and handover floats to Cash Processing Centre
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures
Health and Safety (as every employee’s responsibility)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Grade 12 with mathematics and/or accounting
- PSIRA Grade C and CIT
- Firearm competency advantageous
- 1 – 3 years cash/vault/CIT operations experience would be preferred
- Basic knowledge of processes and procedures in the banking environment
- Handling large sums of cash and coin
- Basic accounting principles
Skills and Attributes:
- Flexibility in terms of working hours will be required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to interact well
- Required to regularly lift and/move containers/cash coin trolleys with assistance
- Basic computer literacy
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specializes in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognized as the leader in providing security solutions. We, therefore, endeavor to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organization that is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty, and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers, and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security, and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practices to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com