Open posts for 2021/2022
DRIVER REF NO: 031221/09
Branch: Infrastructure Management Southern Operations
SALARY: R124 434 per annum (Level 03)
CENTRE: Mthatha Dam
- A Grade 10 certificate.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience as a Driver/Messenger.
- A valid driver’s license with PDP.
- Basic knowledge of government.
- Knowledge of tracing and retrieving files.
- Good client orientation and customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Accountability and ethical conduct.
- Responsible for retrieving files and delivering them to the office where they are being utilized.
- Retrieved file and verifies items, messages, emails, documents for correctness.
- Tracking, searching, and placement of correspondence in files.
- Transporting of staff from town to Mthatha dam and back to town after work and transporting of officials attending meetings and workshops and retrieving of files to various locations.
- Check and record outgoing files. Place correspondence on the files.
- Collecting of mail. Willing to work overtime when required.
- Willing to undergo formal and informal training.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. ML Boyce Tel No: 082 809 5905
APPLICATIONS: Mthatha Dam: Please post your application to the Department of Water and Sanitation, P.O Box 5501, Walmer, Port Elizabeth, 6065 or hand deliver at 50 Heugh Road, Lion Roars Building, 3rd Avenue Walmer
FOR ATTENTION: Ms. B Gqokoma
FOOD SERVICE AID II REF NO: 031221/10
Branch Corporate Support Services
Dir: Career Management
SALARY: R104 073 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE: Roodeplaat Training Centre – RTC Pretoria
- A Grade 8 or equivalent certificate, basic education ability to read and write. One (1) to two (2) years experience.
- Relevant experience in catering and hospitality will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge-keeping kitchen utensils clean and safe.
- Knowledge of sanitation, health, and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of hygiene standards. Knowledge of inventory procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of stocktaking methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Knowledge of food presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of serving food.
- Basic knowledge in quality management.
- Basic knowledge of inventory procedures and techniques. Willing to work shifts
- Clean kitchens, food preparation areas, and sculleries.
- Clean cooking and general utensils used in kitchens and dining halls.
- Assemble ingredients for cooking and preparing salads, savories, and sandwiches.
- Pack food and beverage trays for serving. Cook, toast, and heat simple food items.
- Ensure safekeeping of the equipment.
- Reporting of faulty equipment and broken items in the kitchen.
ENQUIRIES: B Malaza Tel No: 082 852 3588
APPLICATIONS: Head Office (Pretoria): Please email your application quoting the relevant reference number on the subject line to Recruitment@dws.gov.za
FOR ATTENTION: Ms L Mabole
CLEANER REF NO: 031221/11 (X2 POSTS)
Branch: Provincial Coordination And International Cooperation: Eastern Cape
SALARY: R104 073 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE: East London
- An ABET certificate.
- Experience in cleaning services will serve as an added advantage.
- Knowledge of cleaning principles.
- Knowledge of chemical use (dilution/mixing).
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment’s to be used.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Understanding of basic record keeping.
- Basic understanding of applying safety rules.
- Basic understanding of applying or using chemicals correctly.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provision of basic cleaning services.
- Keeping and maintaining cleaning equipment and managing stock of cleaning materials.
- Dusting, waxing, sweeping, scrubbing, and vacuuming of floors.
- Emptying and cleaning waste bins.
- Collecting and removing office waste.
- Freshening of offices, boardrooms, working areas, kitchen, and storerooms.
- Cleaning the restrooms, refilling the handwashing liquid soap, replacing paper towels, toilet papers, and emptying and cleaning of wash waste bins.
- Assisting with other duties as and when required.
ENQUIRIES: Ms. L Mntu Tel No: 043 701 0237
APPLICATIONS: East London: Please email your application quoting the relevant reference number to the subject line ECRecruitcs@dws.gov.za
FOR ATTENTION: Ms. LT Malangabi
NOTE: Preference will be given to the community residing within or around the designated area
- Applications can be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the relevant reference number provided on the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: 03 December 2021 at 16h00. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applications must quote the relevant reference number and consist of: A fully completed and signed Z83 form (newly prescribed z83 form effective 01 January 2021); a recent comprehensive CV; contactable referees (telephone numbers and email addresses must be indicated); copies of qualifications and ID document.
- Applicants must submit copies of qualifications, identity documents, and drivers’ licenses (where appropriate), and any other relevant documents.
- Such copies need not be certified when applying for the post.
- The requirement of certified copies will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- All non-SA citizens must attach a certified copy of proof of permanent residence in South Africa. Personnel suitability checks will be done during the selection process.
- Applicants could be required to provide consent for access to their social media accounts.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS and/or MMS (MMS optional) posts will be subjected to (1) a technical exercise, (2) a generic managerial competency assessment.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Department of Small Business Development is committed to the pursuit of diversity and redress.
- Candidates whose appointment will promote representativity in terms of race, disability, and gender will receive preference (as per EE Plan).
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement within 3 months of appointment, as well as complete a financial interest declaration form within one month of appointment and annually thereafter.
- The Department reserves the right not to fill or withdraw any advertised post.
- Note: a new application for employment (Z83) form is applicable from 01 January 2021.
- The new form can be downloaded online at http://www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/vacancies.asp