Mr. D Food | Customer Service Team Leader X5
Customer Service Team Leader – Mrd Food
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Workforce Administrator to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market-related benefits, a great work environment, and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position will report to the Customer Services Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Measuring & Managing internal customer attendance & Time Keeping
- Performing quality assessments on both voice and email customer interactions to ensure that quality and compliance standards are maintained.
- Ensuring that the productivity targets for call and email monitoring are met as per internal service level agreements.
- Ensuring that the quality targets for call and email monitoring are met as set out for KPIs.
- Identify and escalate potential system and process improvements with the aim to enhance the customer’s journey.
- Identify and escalate problem areas, trends, and training opportunities to the appropriate stakeholder/s
- Manage your team’s probation period through regular performance discussions and coaching.
- Deliver individual/group coaching sessions to ensure KPI Targets are met.
- Drive and motivate your team to achieve targets.
- Report on the overall quality of customer interaction activity per agent in your team.
- Liaise with internal departments to solve customer queries and escalate customer-facing challenges to the relevant stakeholders
- Assess any service failure and identify the root cause and take appropriate action to ensure similar failures are avoided
- Take ownership of a customer and ensure their needs are met as soon as possible
- Lead a team of 15 + Online Shopping Assistants and optimally manage all staffing needs, productivity, and quality
- Manage all Internal and External Customer Services complaints
- Ensure company policies and procedures are communicated to the team, managing and resolving people-related problems, including but not limited to resolving employees’ conflict of interest, absenteeism, including but not limited to all industrial relations matters.
- Manage and maintain a highly focused and motivated team
- Ensure the minimum Contact Centre service levels are maintained on a daily basis.
- Identify, review and propose solutions to issues identified or picked up during the course of performing day-to-day duties.
- Passionate about teamwork
- Responsible and Accountable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills – display the qualities of a leader and set a good example
- Results orientated
- Empowering within team and structure
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an effective team member and leader
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Must be driven/self-motivated
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to compile feedback in writing and for verbal purposes
- Comfortable and able to function in an ambiguous, fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while maintaining high-quality outputs
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
- Ability to use multiple systems and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of delivery and or courier services.
Qualifications & Experience:
- National Senior Certificate and ideally post-matric study
- Minimum 18 months within the customer service environment and exposure to related positions
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts which include weekends, public holidays, and overnight work.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun, and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed, and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY, and is HARDWORKING.
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
I acknowledge that if I have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, that request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.