LAUNDRY WORKER X2
- Reference Number: refs/011617
- Directorate: Support Services
- Number of posts: 2
- Package: R 102 534.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Inquiries: Mr. Allistair Halters 011 470 9063
- ABET level 3 or equivalent qualification. Must be able to read and write. Willing to work in a team to achieve departmental objectives. Applicant must be physically healthy to perform heavy workload (Loading and off-loading of linen bags from truck). Must be prepared to work shifts, including Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Deliver clean linen to wards and departments. Retrieve soiled linen from wards and relevant departments. Sort and count soiled linen. Pack soiled linen in linen bags; label, seal and prepare for dispatch to laundry. Load and off-load linen bags from a truck. Unpack and count clean linen received. Assist with linen stock taking. Work shifts and under supervision. Perform any other work-related duties as instructed by the supervisor.
- PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTES CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING. Applications should be submitted on a duly completed new Z83 form obtainable from any government department (the old Z83 is outdated and will not be considered). Please attach an updated CV. Certified copies of ID and qualifications should also be attached (certification should not be more than six months old). Smart ID cards must be photocopied on both sides. Failure to submit all requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Applications should be forwarded to Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Admin Building, Cnr. Fuel and Oudtshoorn Street, Coronationville or be posted to Private Bag X20, Newclare 2112. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) – verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks as well as a credit/financial stability check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: RAHIMA MOOSA MOTHER AND CHILD HOSPITAL
Closing Date: 10-08-2021
|Do you have ABET level 3 or equivalent qualification?|
|Are you able to read and write?|
|Are you physically healthy to perform a heavy workload (Loading and off-loading of linen bags from truck)?|
|Are you prepared to work shifts, including Sundays and Public Holidays?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.