Junior Branch Manager – Security – East Rand
Position: Junior Branch Manager
Reporting to: District Manager
Location: East Rand
Overall Purpose of the Job: To ensure overall management of sales, marketing, operations, technical and administrative functions within the branch. To maintain high operational standards, growing the branch, meet deadlines, achieve budget and endeavor to reduce crime levels.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Post matric qualification in general management advantageous.
- Sales, Marketing or Management diploma advantageous.
- Financial knowledge of budgets forecasting and P & L.
- Grade B Security Certificate.
- 3 years minimum experience, at mid-management level.
- Experience in managing people.
- Experience in the security industry.
- Computer Literate (MS Office, advanced Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of operations, sales, technical and administrative.
- Valid driver’s license with own reliable vehicle.
- To consistently provide strong leadership of the branch and its employees.
- To communicate with passion the vision and strategy of the branch and its performance.
- To make timely, considered decisions for the long-term success and development of the branch.
Finance, Planning & Controls
- Submit budget plans and stretch targets for each facet of the branch, to ensure this is continually met.
- Submit annual business plans, operating and sales budget for the branch in accordance with regional requirements.
- Manage and ensure accurate forecasting for branches in accordance with Finance.
- Manage branch P&L to ensure profitability is sustained and growth is achieved
- Manage effective collections for the branch
- Ensure that effective planning/ production controls are established in all areas and are a key management tool.
- Maintain business functions to increase productivity, quality, and customer service whilst reducing costs by utilizing modern process techniques.
- Champion the development of a customer-focused quality improvement culture.
- Ensure that the appropriate customer service metrics are monitored regularly and that prompt actions are taken where necessary
- Ensure that service levels throughout the branch is sustained
- Drive a community-driven pro-active service throughout the branch
- Manage the branch fleet to ensure that no disruptions occur due to vehicles off the road
- Manage operational area managers to ensure operational excellence throughout the branch
- Ensure client visits for contact crimes are attended to (It is expected that the manager does not delegate this duty)
Health, Safety, and Environment
- Maintain health & safety policies and working procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, SA laws, codes of practices, and corporate guidelines
- Drive all marketing activations within the branch
- Drive customer perception within the branch and address issues highlighted in customer perception survey’s
- Drive strong social media presence within the branch identifying influencers and forging good relationships with them
- Drive a culture of “content-creation” to remain relevant in the social media space
- Ensure that OTT strategies are implemented and relevant
- Drive effective/pro-active communications
- Be proactive in regularly reviewing customer requirements and feedback.
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis.
- Ensure close liaison with the branch sales team.
- Exploit new market and product opportunities via various external routes.
- Create an environment where solutions to technical customer demand issues can be resolved creatively with commercially viable products.
- Identify Training and development needs among staff and coach accordingly.
- People management, including all HR-related issues as well as staff development.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for the successful recruitment of terminated staff or new positions which may become available
- Together with operational managers identify LSS and bulk sale opportunities
- Generate proposals for bulk business/LSS sites
- Drive community involvement through operational collaborations and the effective communication thereof
- Manage the profitability of LSS schemes
- Manage all elements of attrition
- Drive reconnections within the branch
- Analyze branch attrition and plan mitigating actions to remedy it
- Manage sales channels to ensure exposure to bad debt and the financial difficulty remains at a minimum
Competencies (Technical & Behavioral)
- Integrity and trust
- Caring about direct reports
- Command Skills
- Managing through systems
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Drive for results
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Building effective teams
We reserve the right not to make an appointment for any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports the global fair practice and business ethics on the continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.