Posted 15 June 2021 – Closing Date 22 June 2021
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- 2-3 years experience in an IR/ HR environment.
- Working Knowledge of Labour Legislation. (EE Act, BCEA, Labour Relations)
- Understand a wide range of employment law matters and assist in the provision of support to the business nationally. E.g.: BCEA, LRA, EEA. IR Functions
- Draft disciplinary actions nationally via the centralized IR portal (VW, WW, FWW). Ensure that these are in line with the disciplinary code and consistently applied.
- Schedule hearings nationally. Ensure that dates and times are confirmed, and all parties are informed.
- Conduct the necessary pre-hearing investigations concerning team member misconduct, and all other related cases when necessary.
- Liaise with IR service provider for all documentation relating to disciplinary matters.
- Follow up on hearing notices and outcomes with the IR service provider and the relevant manager.
- Assist with case preparation for disciplinary hearings, when required.
- Monitor the proceedings of all disciplinary hearings to ensure consistency at all times.
- Advise or guide chairpersons to ensure fairness and consistency at all times.
- Ensure the correct completion of all IR documentation.
- Liaise with IR service provider regionally in querying outcomes that are not recommended in accordance with either our disciplinary code or the evidence supplied.
- Liaise with IR service provider on all CCMA cases.
- Organize logistics related to all CCMA matters, including following up with CCMA administrators regarding case prep, dates, times, and creating calendar meetings, amongst other responsibilities.
- Telephonically discuss CCMA Matters with IR service provider during conciliation and/or arbitration with the aim of resolving the matters and providing necessary support when needed from the company’s side.
- Draft relevant required IR documents, following up on issued documents, attach signed documents, and record information on the People system.
- Update IR spreadsheets and ensuring that information is accurate.
- Report on disciplinary stats on a daily basis. Provide weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Prepare detailed written advice and report on complex issues and/or escalate to Senior IR when required.
- Maintain good support relationships with Line Managers/Branch Managers/Team Leaders.
- Provide advice to all line management on disciplinary queries.
- Provide advice to Supervisors, Managers, and Team Members on the correct interpretation and application of IR policies and procedures.
- Provide advice and support to all HRC’s in respect of all IR-related matters.
- Manage the IR Inbox and ensuring that all are attended to in a timeous and professional fashion.
- Assist with the scheduling of EE meetings and drafting of minutes.
- Assist with resolution of grievances matters.
- Assist in the implementation and rollout of IR Training initiatives.
- Operate independently within the scope of authority.
- Keep abreast of developments, legislative changes, and emerging trends within the field, and advise on relevant policy changes.
- Ad hoc duties & projects.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to identify, analyze, organize, and solve problems.
- Strong levels of accountability and problem-solving skills.
- Good report writing skills. (Verbal and written).
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.