Funza Lushaka Bursary Applications 2022
Applications for The Funza Lushaka Bursary. All first-time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary. Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary will open on 01/10/2021.
All first-time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary. The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year program to promote teaching as a profession.
Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified areas of priority. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Applications close on 3 March.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any academically gifted, young –
- learners, currently in Grade 12;
- graduates who want to complete a teaching qualification (enroll for a PGCE);
- people who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- unemployed people who want to become teachers.
Prospective bursars must first gain admission at a higher education institution (HEI). The Financial Aid Office and/or the Faculty/School of Education at the HEI will have information on how to apply for the bursary.
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouses, and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into either BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public University.
- The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialization in the teaching qualification.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
- young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges, and personal integrity.
What programs will be funded?
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Distance education and part-time students are eligible for a bursary provided they are eligible in all other respects.
Expenses covered may include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books, and learning materials, and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses The allocation to any individual student is capped at a specific value. Where the HEI charges more than the capped value the bursars will have to top up from their own funds.
- Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2022 will open on 01/10/2021
- Please note that there are a limited number of new bursaries available for 2022
- New applicants are advised to also pursue other funding opportunities such as NSFAS
- The outcome of the selection process will be available from the University no later than 30/04/2022
- The bursary targets students who are younger than 30 years of age
- New applications close on 07/01/2022 and
- Re-applications for Existing/Returning Bursars close on 19/11/2021
How To Apply
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Log in to the system using the user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard, menu click on the 2021 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured