The Farscape Group owns and manages six luxury retirement/lifestyle villages within the Western Cape.
We currently have a vacancy for a Food Service Assistant at Bridgewater Manor in Somerset West.
The successful incumbent will have a variety of tasks associated with food production and kitchen hygiene.
Job duties include, but is not limited to the following:
- Cleaning and preparation of vegetables, fruits, and meats for cooking
- Cooking of simple foods
- Maintaining work areas and serving areas in clean, sanitary, and safe conditions
- Washing of crockery and cutlery
- Packing of supplies in the food storage areas
- Assist in storing unused food and supplies, dispose of unusable leftovers and garbage
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and knowledge:
- Similar experience in the kitchen and food preparation
- Knowledge of standard kitchen equipment, utensils, and measurements
- Knowledge of sanitation practices related to handling and serving food
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the roster, from 07h00 to 19h00.