Dept of Labour | Psychology Graduate Internship Opportunities X248
Location: All Provinces
STIPEND: R6,666 per month
The Department would like to invite qualifying graduates to apply to participate in an Internship Programme. The Internship is meant to provide work exposure to graduates for a period of twelve (12) months across various Labour Centres in Provinces. Applicants must be unemployed and never participated in an internship programme previously.
|INTERN: EMPLOYMENT SERVICE PRACTITIONER [x124]
REQUIREMENTS: A three-year Bachelor’s degree or Honours (NQF level 7 or 8) as recognised by SAQA in the following: Psychology / Industrial Psychology
DUTIES: Conduct recruitment, selection, referral and placement of registered work seekers. Network with stakeholder to verify quality of service rendered. Provide and implement employment services.
|INTERN: PSYCHOMETRIST / REGISTERED COUNSELLOR [x126]
REQUIREMENTS: Bpsych or Honours in Psychology. Registration with the HPCSA as Psychometrist or Registered Counsellor (Proof of Registration must be attached)
DUTIES: Provide and implement employment counselling services. Develop employment counselling services materials and conduct research. Provide and implement psychometric assessment and selection services.
- Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za / documents.
- Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered.
- Each application for employment form must be fully completed, duly signed, and initialed by the applicant.
- Failure to sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process.
- A recently updated comprehensive CV, as well as copies of all qualification academic transcripts including Senior Certificate, ID- document, and a Driver’s license where applicable, should accompany a fully completed, initialed, and signed new form Z83.
- Applicants must submit copies of qualifications, ID documents, and other relevant documents as indicated.
- Such copies need not be certified when applying for a post.
- The communication from the HR of the Department regarding the requirements of the certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore, only shortlisted candidates for the post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following the communication from HR.
- Non-RSA Citizens / Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications.
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered.
- The Department does not accept applications via fax.
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification, and employment verification).
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
- A pre-entry certificate obtained from the National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants.
- The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre- entry program/.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- The successful candidate will be expected to sign an Internship performance agreement.
- The Department is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
- The Employment Equity Plan of the Department shall inform the employment decision.
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender, and disability) through the filling of this post(s) NB: All attachments for online application must include Z83 be in PDF and in one attachment (1) file, indicate the correct job title and the reference number of the post on the subject line of your email.
- Use the correct email address associated with the post. Failure to do so, your application will be disqualified.
How to Apply
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: Private Bag X 9368, Polokwane, 0700 Physical address: 42a Schoeman Street, Polokwane 0700 Email: Jobs- [email protected]
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: P O Box 522, Bloemfontein, 9300 or hand deliver at Laboria House, 43 Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein Email: [email protected]
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: Private Bag X 2040, Mmabatho, 2735 or hand deliver at University Drive, Provident House, Mmabatho Email: Jobs- [email protected]
- Chief Director Provincial Operations: Private Bag X 9005, East London, 5200 or hand-delivered at No. 3 Hill Street, East London Email: Jobs- [email protected]
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: PO Box 4560, Johannesburg, 2001 or hand deliver at 77 Korte Street, Braamfontein Email: [email protected]
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: P O Box 872 Cape Town, 8000 or hand deliver at Corner Riebeek and Long Street Email: [email protected]
- Chief Director Provincial Operations: Private Bag X 7263, Emalahleni, 1053 or hand deliver at labor building, Corner Hofmeyer Street and Beatty Avenue, Witbank.Email: [email protected]
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: P O Box 940, Durban, 4000 or hand deliver at 267 Anton Lambede Street, Royal Hotel Building, Durban Email: [email protected]
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: Private Bag X 5012, Kimberley, 8301, or hand-deliver at Corner Compound and Pniel Road EMAIL: Jobs- [email protected]
ENQUIRIES: Mr Trevor Ramcwana Tel: 043 7013 071 (EC) Ms Beira Nkwakwa Tel: 051 505 6205(FS) Mr Vusi Mazibuko Tel: 011 853 0453(GP) Ms Zanele Dlamini Tel: 031 366 2010 (KZN) Ms TE Maluleke Tel: 015 290 1768(LP) Mr Ernest Masemola Tel: 013 655 8960(MP) Ms Anna Mbale Tel: 018 387 8214 (NW) Mr Q Bowman Tel: 082 901 3232(WC)