30 000 School Assistant Opportunities
The Department of Basic Education is offering 30,000 opportunities at schools throughout the country as school assistants.
Temporary Education Assistants / School Assistants
REF NO: LDOE 01/04/2021
POST STATUS: 11 Months Contract (w.e.f. 01 May 2021 to 31 March 2022)
Stipend: R2 060 (per month, inclusive of 1% UIF monthly contribution)
Post Station: The schools within the local communities
The candidates who wish to apply for this posts must:
- Have a Grade 12 Certificate.
- A recognized degree or Diploma qualification at NQF Level 6 or 7 will serve as an added advantage;
- Be a person who resides in the community/area within which the school is situated.
- Be a person who enjoys working with children and young adults, patience, confidence, and a compassionate attitude.
Job Purpose for Education Assistants:
Among others, Education Assistants will be required to :
- Support teaching and learning in the classroom; perform duties such as Reading coaches, Librarian, and assist in the laboratory and other learner support functions.
- Prepare the classroom for teaching and learning and ensure that teaching materials are available to support ready for use.
- Provide support to learners during the school day
Job Purpose for School Assistants:
Among other things, School Assistants will be required to:
- Clean and disinfect classrooms and Administration offices.
- Screening of teachers, learners, non-teaching support staff, and visitors.
- Assist school with admin work towards the observation of Covid -19 regulations at all times.
- General cleaning.
Applications for the school assistants posts must have the following skills:
- Good literacy and Numeracy skills
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and creativity,
- Basic IT skills,
- Enjoy working with children, patience, confidence, and compassionate attitude,
- Have the ability to manage groups of learners and deal with challenging behavior and
- Have the ability to communicate in English and one other official language.
Application for School Assistance and Educators Assistance posts should be made through the official new Z83 application form. the submission of application should be made at all public schools and all special ordinary schools across South Africa.
DOWNLOAD THE FORM 👉 Application form
CLOSING DATE: 19 APRIL 2021