GENERAL WORKER REF NO 170921/20 (X6 POSTS)
Branch: Infrastructure Management, Northern Operation
SALARY: R122 595 per annum (Level 03)
- ABET qualification. One (1) to two (2) years experience as a General Worker will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general work in handling equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of working on various general work including lawn care process.
- Knowledge of the pruning and trimming process and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of chemical use (dilution/mix) chemical product knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine/equipment performance.
- Basic in supporting water utilization and water resource strategy.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Basic knowledge of garden maintenance and planting practices.
- Basic understanding of Government legislation.
- Knowledge of using a brush cutter, Submersible pumps, chain blocks, and overhead cranes.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under supervision and in a team. Must be punctual, productive, and loyal.
- Load and offload of tools, materials, and equipment on a daily basis.
- Assist with the cleaning and repair of water supply/distribution system (canals, drains, dams, pipelines, structures, etc.) during dry periods.
- Assist with the cutting and removing of grass, brush, trees from all servitude as instructed.
- Assist with the reparation of all fencing as well as installation of new fencing when required.
- Assist with the mixing of concrete as required.
- Assist with the construction of concrete canals as well as placing concrete for buildings and structures when required.
- Operate brush cutter and slasher as required.
- Maintain and take care of machinery, equipment, tools, and goods. Assist with a painting of equipment.
- Assist with the cleaning and repair of mechanical equipment (valves, generators, gearboxes, pipes, etc.).
- Assist with the construction of steel structures.
- Assist with the cleaning and repair of electrical equipment (electric panels, electric cables, lights, electric starters, etc.) which may entail digging holes and trenches.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. IJ Pretorius Tel No: (013)262 6839
- Please email your application quoting the relevant reference number to GDLrecruitment@dws.gov.za
- Mr. S Murunzi
CLOSING DATE: 17 September 2021
- Interested applicants must submit their applications for employment to the email address specified on each post.
- Applications must be submitted using the newly implemented Z83 form obtainable on the Department of Water and Sanitation website, under career opportunities or the DPSA website, under vacancies in the Public Service (point 4) and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as copies of qualifications, identity document and a valid driver’s license (where applicable) which need not be certified when applying for a post.
- Original/certified copies must be produced by only shortlisted candidates during the interview date.
- All required information on Form Z83 must be provided.
- Failure to complete or disclose all required information will automatically disqualify the applicant.
- All documents must be submitted in one email in PDF format.
- The attachment/s, may not exceed 5MB) Subject title on the email must clearly display the reference number of the post applied for.
- Applicants should forward applications to the correct email address of the post as wrong emailed applications will not be considered.
- No late, applications will be accepted. A SAQA evaluation certificate must accompany foreign qualification/s.
- Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- All shortlisted candidates pertaining to Senior Management Services (SMS) posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment and a pre-entry certificate obtained from the National School of government is required prior to the appointment.
- Individuals who have completed the course already, and who are therefore in possession of a certificate are welcome to submit such, however, it is not required that an applicant submit such when applying for the post prior to the closing date.
- The link for the completion of the course for the certificate for the pre-entry into SMS can be found on http://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/.
- Candidates will be required to complete a financial disclosure form and undergo a security clearance.
- Foreigners or dual citizenship holders must provide a police clearance certificate from their country of origin.
- The Department of Water Sanitation is an equal opportunity employer.
- In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996) the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you do not hear from us within two (2) months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
- Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets.
The post of Finance Clerk Production with Ref No: Post 28/101 with Ref 270821/16 advertised in the Public Service Vacancy Circular 28 dated 13 August 2021 has been withdrawn.
- SECURITY OFFICER (X4 POSTS)
- Casual Store Cleaner At Dis-Chem Pharmacies
- Casual Store Cleaner At Dis-Chem Pharmacies
- Store Cleaner At Dis-Chem Pharmacies