Responsible for the physical receipt of goods inwards and the issue of stock against appropriate requisitions. Stocks and stores items in good order and keeps the warehouse clean and tidy. Records stock movements on a computerized system.
Key Performance Areas:
- Programming of the bagging scales for the correct weight and product
- Testing the weights of finished packed bags of product with the electronic scale
- Customer service
- Load vehicles correctly according to invoice/pick instruction
- Responsible for the ordering of empty bags
- Responsible for the stock in the store
- Daily stock taking and comparing with the stock on the computer and noting and investigating any discrepancies
- Monthly stock take procedures as required by management
- Stock rotation
- Responsible for operating the weighbridge and computer program
- Supervision utilizing of general assistants
Health and Safety
- Responsible for the safety and cleanliness in the store
- Conduct insect control by checking the maize products daily for contamination
- At all times comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Responsible for the control of the forklift and other equipment by:
- Reporting any faults
- Keeping the forklift clean
- Ensuring that the forklift is serviced
- Ensure that high safety standards are maintained
- Complete the packing summary book at each end of shift after daily stock packings were checked and transferred from packing to the storeroom
- Complete the GRN book correctly as well as the necessary documentation when stock is received from outside suppliers
- Maintain the 20-key program in the stores
- Any other reasonable related task requested from time to time.
- Attend all training interventions as directed.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level equivalent with good numeracy skills
- Good understanding of the wider business environment
- 2 Years’ work-related experience would serve as a recommendation
Experience & Skills required
- Sound Microsoft Office Skills
- An understanding of BC/ Navision would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently within a team context
- The company can expire jobs at any time at its own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License, and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading a profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px