Benefits include: Pension, Uniform, Health Checks, Up to 5 week’s Annual Leave, Paid Overtime, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Corporate Perks and Discounts, We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support, and virtual wellbeing
Working in G4S already you’ll know what makes us special – our commitment to customer focus, our expertise, and the collaboration and teamwork. You also know what an immense range of opportunities we have to offer you across the business. We’re now recruiting for more positions in our Cash Solutions business in the UK. This vacancy may offer you the opportunity you are looking for to progress your career within the group.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management, and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets, and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Secure Drivers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a G4S Driver, you will be at the very heart of our Cash Transportation operation. Your primary responsibility will be to securely deliver and collect cash to and from our customer premises. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
As a Driver – Cash Transportation, you will deliver and collect cash/coin to and from customer sites, within specified time windows, ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the trip sheet. You will be responsible for maintaining good, safe and courteous driving behaviour and presenting a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the relevant safety equipment provided. Our Drivers must:
- Always be polite and courteous to customers and members of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects and follow procedures properly in the event of an emergency or a criminal attack.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided.
- Checking consignments and ensuring accuracy and efficient loading/unloading at branches and other secure areas.
- Undertake training to develop, learn and progress.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
We currently have Full Time, Part Time, Day and Night positions available.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
So what makes a successful Driver?
To succeed as a Driver with G4S, you will need to hold a valid driver’s licence and preferably a C1 licence (allowing you to drive a vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes), however, a C1 licence is not essential. You will need to be confident communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English and an appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in a driving role would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing top-notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10-year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport-style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
The pay rate starts at £11.95 for the first 6 months, moving to £12.25 after successful completion of probation, rising to £12.55 after 1 year’s service.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks, free uniform and childcare voucher scheme.
We are accepting CV applications for this role; please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a copy of your CV.