Store Manager- Tekkie Town
Closing Date: 2021/07/08
Reference Number: ACK210701-7
Job Title: Store Manager
Brand: Tekkie Town
Reporting To Position: Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Number of Positions: 01
Location – Town / City: Citrusdal
Location – Province: Western Cape
Location – Country: South Africa
Job Advert: Tekkie Town supplies a wide variety of premium shoe brands to our customers at competitive prices. Our vision is to become your number one value choice for branded footwear, clothing, and accessories. We offer a stimulating and challenging work environment, with ample opportunities for growth and career development. As a Store Manager working for Tekkie Town, you will be responsible for managing the store, ensuring that the store maximizes the probability of the branch, eradicating stock losses, controlling expenses, and effectively managing people.
• Grade 12 / Matric
• A Retail / Business / Marketing Management Diploma / Degree would be a definite advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years experience as a Supervisor / Assistant Manager
• Fluent in English (Written and Verbal).
• Excellent Communication skills.
• A strong logical thinking and analytical ability.
• Has a high energy level and is performance-driven?
• Computer Literate and Numeracy skills.
• Excellent planning, organizing, and time management skills.
• Ability to remain flexible, maintain a positive attitude, and work performance in a variety of circumstances.
• A focus on good customer service.
• Ability to multi-task and to deal with complexities, use initiative to solve problems.
• Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player.
• Ability to lead and drive a team.
• The ability to ensure that brand standards are implemented & maintained in line with customer expectations.
• Responsible for turnover & budgets ensuring that targets are met.
• Ensuring that stock losses are under the benchmark
• Admin standards are met.
• Keeping updated with the latest trends in terms of stock coming in (unpacking process).
• Opening and Closing of the store.
• Performance Managing of staff members.
• Our Store Managers play an active part in succession planning, coaching, and developing your own team. Applicants will need to demonstrate their consistent record of determination and drive, to demonstrate their interpersonal and communication skills at all levels in the Company, and a value system that embraces Tekkie Town’s values, vision, and strategy. If you are passionate about retail and want to join a Company where there is ample opportunity for growth and career development, please apply. You are welcome to contact Samantha Wellen to discuss your application, or to request additional information. Please note: In terms of the Tekkie Town policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to internal applicants who meet the competencies and minimum requirements for the position. Preference will also be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.
• Physically fit and able to perform duties.
• Own transport and a valid driver’s license would be an advantage.
• Willing to relieve in other stores when required
• Willing and able to work retail hours.
In terms of the Company policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.
Applicants who submit their application confirm that by applying for this position you consent and authorize the company to utilize your personal information for purposes of your application and the storage of your personal information.