Bakery Specialist At Spar
SPAR North Rand is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Bakery Specialist to join our dynamic team. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION The purpose of this position is to provide leadership through effective and efficient service and support to SPAR Retail Members in order to maximize their Bakery profitability.
- Develop excellent relationships with our retailers.
- Provide specialist advice and leadership on all matters relating to bakery including layout, display, new lines, the supply chain, new products, promotions, production
- planning, profitability, value-added lines, staffing, and best practices.
- Evaluate and assess bakery staff training needs and conduct in-house training.
- Conduct hygiene and safety inspections.
- Keep up to date with current legislation pertaining to safety, hygiene, labeling, consumer protection, etc.
- Be an effective communication link between the DC and stores with regard to all bakery-related matters.
- Trouble-shoot and provide stores with effective action plans to correct problems experienced at the store level.
- Product development – continually work on new products and new concepts to ensure that SPAR bakery departments remain at the forefront of the retail bakery industry
- Drivers license
- Matric certificate
- A bakery related qualification
- Minimum five years’ experience in bakery environment preferably as a bakery manager
- Experience in product and equipment sourcing as well as workflow and equipment layout
- In-depth understanding of bakery trends and current market conditions
- Excellent bakery technical skills
- Excellent training and coaching skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Financial/business acumen
- The SPAR Group LTD, with its head offices at 22 Chancery Lane in Pinetown, is collecting this information to enable us to facilitate your application and /or assess your suitability for the advertised position. This information will be used for this purpose only and disposed of thereafter unless you consent to the information being retained for marketing purposes.
- Where shortlisted, your information will be retained for a period of 3 months and disposed of immediately thereafter if you are unsuccessful in your application. Where employment is offered, it will be retained as part of your employee portfolio and secured accordingly.
- This information is given to us, by you, voluntarily and of your own free will.
- If you do not wish to provide us with this information, are unable to do so, or object to it being used, it will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the course of the recruitment process, and for matters related to your application only, we may share your information with third parties.
- You have the right to access this information while in our possession and make corrections if necessary.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint via email with the office of the Information Regulator, at complaints.IR@justice.gov.za, if you are unhappy with the manner in which we deal with your information.