Platform Engineer (Cloud)
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
We’re looking for a Platform Engineer with great AWS and IaC skills to embed in our Developer Platform group with a focus on Capitec’s Cloud Infrastructure, which powers our digital and data solutions. You will build out and maintain resilient, scalable, cost-effective, and high-performing Cloud developer solutions that will assist Capitec to become the best bank in the world.
- 3+ years experience in Infrastructure, Software Development, DevOps or Security
- 3+ years design and implementation of highly available, enterprise-scale Cloud infrastructure.
- 2+ years in AWS
- 2+ years in AWS, Engineering or Infrastructure
- 2+years’ previous experience with managing a CI system (Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Automic)
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational in Grade 12 National Certificate
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- A relevant degree in Information Technology – IT Engineering
- Design and deployment of highly available, enterprise-scale Cloud infrastructure.
- Advance knowledge of infrastructure concepts, technologies, and patterns. (SDLC, IaC)
- Experience developing and delivering systems on AWS Platforms (Azure or GCP will be advantageous).
- Strong design and hands-on troubleshooting background on AWS Platform (Azure or GCP will be advantageous).
- Experience in supporting and enhancing build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile\DevOps environment
- Experience developing and supporting infrastructure and Cloud capabilities for microservices-based architectures.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools.
- Experience with authentication and authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML).
- Experience working with scripting and provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, or equivalent.
- Understanding of Cloud Security technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Networking in Cloud environments.
Ideal / Optional:
- Understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems.
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc.
- Ability to deliver long-term, repeatable IaC solutions that incorporate directly into an overall CI/CD process.
- Experience with ELK, New Relic, or similar on Public Cloud Platforms.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of JSON templates, PowerShell, CLI’s, Shell, Python.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment (Atlassian Stack).
- Communications Skills
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Researching skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Presentation Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Planning, organizing, and coordination skills
- Attention to Detail
- Project Management Skills (Methodology Specific)
- Planning and Organising
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Working with People
- Writing and Reporting
- Learning and Researching
- Willingness to work or be available over time and/or weekends if required
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
- Clear criminal and credit record
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.