This role is open to all the Kumba, Anglo American, and De Beers Group employees. Kumba employees will be given initial consideration for the role.
We’re looking for an energetic and influential Supervisor Engineering on a Fixed Term Contract for 3 months, who shares our values and our belief in a better future for mining.
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
As our Supervisor Engineering, you will control the engineering process and make the necessary adjustments to contribute to the attainment of quality final product throughput in a safe and cost-effective manner. The review identified slow-moving stock and asses for usefulness or obsolescence by:
- Review identified spares currently kept in the warehouse for potential obsolescence and usefulness and to ensure proper storage and preservation
- Matching identified spares and link them to a correct functional location
- Ensuring that Equipment failures are kept to a minimum, quality of maintenance carried out, and schedule adherence
- Achieving production targets and inventory optimization (Working capital & operational expenditure optimization)
- Enabling opportunity to realize income by disposal of obsolete stock and accuracy of inventory information(usefulness)
- Adhering to all health and safety practices requirements and promote good housekeeping to ensure compliance and an environment where team members can deliver their outputs within a controlled risk environment.
- Safety, Health & Environment policies and procedures
This role is in the Supply Chain department at a Band 7 level reporting to the Section Manager Logistics
You will be required to have the following:
- Grade 12/N3 National Engineering Certificate with Trade Certificate – Mechanical Engineering
- 5 Years’ operational experience in Engineering/Maintenance – at C1 / C2 level
- 2 Years as an Engineering Supervisor essential
- Valid driver’s license Code EC (Heavy Vehicle), Code 8
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet, that means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy, and more precise extraction technologies.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a globally diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum, and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.