Electrician SF x2
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewelry; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen
As an Electrician your role will be to maintain, install and commission the electrical components of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Conduct and participate in risk assessments
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Ensure that material, spares, and equipment are available as required
- Comply with environmental requirements and maintain the high quality of work
- Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of components
- Records results of all legal examinations in the appropriate format
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used (PMs)
- Achieve safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment
- Maintain good employee relations
- Grade 12 and Technical Trade Specific N2
- Electrician Trade Certificate
- High or Medium Voltage Certificate is required at the site
- 3 – 4 years of experience as a qualified Electrician within the mining environment
- Experience including the following:
– Overhead Crane
– FCE Transformers
– Simo Code
- English literate (speak, read and write)
- Must be able to work shifts, do standby and overtime
- Must be familiar with risk assessments procedures
- Valid driving license code 08
- Basic Computer Skills
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a globally diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, but we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 10 May 2021