Shaft Ventilation Engineer
Join us as a Shaft Ventilation Engineer where you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the overall Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene systems, at our Mototolo mine complex.
Looking to make a difference?
We are already making a real difference by finding and extracting the metals and minerals that make everyday life possible – from mobile phones to medicines. We focus on sustainability, safety, and innovation, pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, choosing to do the right thing every time, and showing care and respect for people and the planet.
Anglo American Platinum
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewelry; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining
The Shaft Ventilation Engineer is responsible for providing the Operational Area Management with the specialist Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene services and expertise, to ensure a safe and healthy work environment and minimize pure risk and litigation and adverse publicity.
- Ensure that legal requirements, group standards, and policies are adhered to through monitoring and reporting
- Design, implement and manage total effective Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene strategies and systems
- Provide solutions and advise on specific Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene matters
- Advice, lead and conduct benchmark exercise internally and externally for the Operational Area
- Participates in the advancement of technical projects to address areas of concern and to minimize the potential for unhealthy workplaces and/or conditions
- Responsible for medium-term Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene planning (at least 5 years)
- A recognized degree or diploma in mining/ mechanical engineering or equivalent [Advantageous]
- Chamber of Mines [SA] Certificate Mine Environment Control
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Competent as 5.1(1), 9.2(2), 16.1(1) (MHSA) and chapter 12.1 (MHSA) as Occupational Hygiene Practitioner
- Extensive computer literacy in MS Office, SAP
- 3 years experience as a legally 12.1 appointee.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a globally diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, but we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.