DE BEERS GROUP – THE WORLD’S LEADING DIAMOND COMPANY
We are the world’s leading diamond company – a unique, luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion, and knowledge of our people.
As we embark on a journey to accelerate the transformation of our business into one that is better positioned to realize the opportunities ahead of us, we welcome and encourage diverse perspectives from those individuals who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
We’ll provide you with space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions and – working together – you’ll help us realize our own ambition to be the pioneer of a new diamond world.
The Category Specialist coordinates and integrates the effective management of the supply of strategic commodities as well as site-related services to the De Beers Group of Companies (GoC) in order to ensure maximum benefit and value and operational compliance in line with the organization’s strategic needs and minimize risk to the business.
Some of the key tasks include:
- Negotiating and managing strategic commodity and service contracts – including amendments, price adjustments, verifying price increases, and general contract administration.
- Benchmarking and/or tendering pricing, service offerings, and commodity performance of strategic commodities against industry peers.
- Capturing market data, analyzing and creating market summaries that will contribute towards the effectiveness of sourcing strategies.
- Model benefits for value delivery initiatives.
- Creating and driving collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the attainment of benefits to the GoC.
- Preparing, managing, and attending Tender Board meetings and make recommendations to achieve the department’s key objectives.
- Developing and implementing sub-category sourcing strategies in line with De Beers business requirements (eg value delivery, supplier rationalization, local procurement, supplier development).
- A Commercial/Engineering degree
Knowledge & Experience required
- Experience in a Facilities Management and/or Professional Services portfolio would be advantageous
- Experience in savings initiatives
- Utilization of a formal methodology/process for sourcing activity will be an advantage.
- Experience in the leadership and management of people is required
- It is advantageous to have experience in a range of different commodities
- Relationship building skills
Who we are:
Who We Are: De Beers Group: (Long)
Established in 1888, De Beers Group is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivaled expertise in the exploration, mining, sorting, valuing, selling, and marketing of diamonds. Together with our joint venture partners, we operate in more than 20 countries across six continents.
We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
We build partnerships and connect with our people and their communities to make a positive contribution to the wider world. We’re constantly developing new ways to make an impact and build a beneficial legacy. We call it ‘Building Forever’ – it’s fundamental to our pioneering spirit and the purposeful way we do business.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health, and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high-performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
Closing date: 07 May 2021