- Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate (Vlookups, Pivots)).
- 1-year experience in excel.
- Completed or studying towards a relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Pastel Evolution Or Similar Accounting Software.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly betting tax calculations.
- Ensure betting taxes are paid timeously and that relevant documentation is submitted to the Gambling Board.
- Under the supervision of the Technical and Junior Technical Accountants.
- Liaising with the Gambling Boards to resolve queries that pertain to betting tax submissions.
- Review and test all reports requested by the Gambling Board prior to submission.
- Testing the Tax reports to ensure they comply with the correct tax report type and rates required by the Gambling Boards.
- Monthly reconciliation of betting tax control accounts in Pastel.
- Assist in terms of BTC reconciliation and reporting of variances.
- Investigating BTC variances and reporting timeously.
- Sourcing Outstanding Tickets report and Bets brought forward report as required and ensuring that the data is accurate via sample testing.
- Testing reports as it relates to internal tax 2 and betting taxes upon the introduction of new bet types, branches, etc.
- Review betting tax rates captured on the betting system for new branches.
- Identification and reporting of weaknesses in the betting software as it relates to betting taxes and in so far as able to in the preparation of betting tax calculations.
- Ensuring that adequate records are maintained on the shared drive with regards to the betting tax calculations and submissions.
- Identification of errors and liaising with Junior Technical Accountant to ensure timeous corrective action.
- Providing support during the audit in matters relating to the betting software.
- Sourcing internal tax 2 reports.
- Support the Junior Technical Accountant, Technical Accountant, FM, and CFO with specific projects, reports, and data extractions.
- Assist with company projects from time to time as and when required by Junior Technical Accountant, Technical Accountant, FM, or CFO.
- Frequent reconciliation of data submitted to the GBs to data on our database.
Skills and competencies:
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Good business acumen and high ethical work standards.
- Ability to multitask and show initiative at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.