REGIONAL OFFICE: LIMPOPO (COURT INTERPRETER)
Private Bag X 9526, POLOKWANE, 0700 – 92 Bok Street, POLOKWANE, 0699.
Tel no 015-287 2026/34/35/36.
Sub-Office File 2/1/5
VACANCY CIRCULAR LETTER
11 MARCH 2021
POST: COURT INTERPRETER
CENTRE: MAGISTRATE NORTHAM
SALARY: R 173 703 – R 204 612 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- NQF Level 4/ Grade 12;
- Proficiency in two or more indigenous languages of the province and English;
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage;
- 3 months of practical experience will be an added advantage;
- Applicants will be subjected to a Language test;
- A valid driver’s license will serve as an added advantage:
- English, Afrikaans, N. Sotho, Venda, Tsonga, Ndebele and Zulu.
- Shona, Tswana, and Swati would be an added advantage:
Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literacy(MS Office);
- Good communications(written and verbal);
- Administration and organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain interpersonal relations;
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interpret in Criminal Court, Civil Court, Labour Court, quasi-judicial proceedings;
- Interpret during consultations;
- Translate legal documents and exhibits;
- Record cases in criminal record book;
- Draw case records on request of the Magistrate and Prosecutors;
- Keep Court records up to date;
- Perform any other duty that he/she may be assigned to in terms of rationalization of functions by the office.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. Lamola V.M. ( 015 287 2147) Mr. Mongwe P.M. ( 015 287 2034)
APPLICATIONS: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to POSTAL ADDRESS: PRIVATE BAG X9526 POLOKWANE 0700. OR Physical address: Reception area, Limpopo Regional Office, 92 Bok Street, Polokwane, 0700.
CLOSING DATE: 01 APRIL 2021
The Department of Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of SA, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the EE imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998), and relevant HR policies of the Department will be taken into consideration. Successful candidates may be required to undergo security clearance.
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department, or on the internet at www.justice.za. Applications should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity documents, and driver’s license. The CV must accompany the Z83 and all other supporting documents required. Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from us within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The department reserves the right not to fill these positions. No e-mailed, late, or faxed applications will be accepted.