GENERAL MANAGER: TECHNICAL SERVICES
Requirements: An appropriate Bachelor of Science Degree/B-Tech in Engineering or equivalent * 5 years experience at middle management level, or as program/project manager.* 3-4 years must be at professional / management level engineering management experience.
- Certificate of competency as required in terms of the General Machinery Regulations, 1988 or registration with a recognized relevant engineering professional body will serve as an added advantage.
Knowledge: Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation. * Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management.*Must have extensive knowledge of the public office environment and * Must be able to formulate engineering master planning project management and implementation.
Key Performance Areas:
*Manage complex civil infrastructure projects from conceptualization, design contract management, quality assurance, and compliance, and ensure their proper integration to the District’s overall plan (IDP).* Perform financial monitoring through commissioning, operations, and maintenance to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Department within the budgetary constraints of the municipality. *Manage the Municipality Grants eg MIG, WSIG, ACIP, RBIG, and Expanded Public Works Programme, Manage Institutional and Social Development., Enhancement of Cost Recovery and reduction of water loss * oversee the management of all equipment and capital resources to ensure accountability by the Department: * Manage and source all the Department’s contracts and tenders according to the approval SLAs, Council requirements and procurement policy, ensuring adherence to the SLAs, terms of reference, letter of appointment and contracted project timelines as per project brief. * Lead and direct staff in the Department to ensure that they meet the objectives in line with the municipality’s requirements and resources constraints. *Manage, control, and disciples staff within the Department: *Ensure the provision and management of a potable water supply and sanitation in the areas of the Municipality’s Jurisdiction, according to national guidelines, ensure disposal of Sewage effluent in line with the National guidelines.
Forward your applications to:
▪ The Municipal Manager; Vhembe District Municipality; Private Bag X 5006; Thohoyandou; 0950 or Hand Delivered to the Registry Office, Vhembe District Municipality, Old Parliament Building, Government Complex.
▪ The application must be submitted on the prescribed application form for Senior Managers, obtainable on the website (www.vhembe.gov.za) accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of an identity document, driver’s license (where applicable), and qualifications.
▪ Applications without the above will not be considered. Vhembe District Municipality reserves the right to / not to make appointments. If no response is received from Vhembe District Municipality 90 days after the closing date, it must be regarded that your application was unsuccessful.
▪ Correspondence regarding the advertised positions will be limited to successful candidates only.
- All shortlisted candidates will go through the security check.
- Fax and E-Mail applications will be not accepted.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify an applicant.
- Direct or indirect canvassing for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant.
- Previously applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
Inquiries on the above should be directed to The Recruitment Officer at 015 960 2042 / 2232 / 2233 / 2097
Closing Date: 13 APRIL 2021_ at 16h00
TS NDOU – MUNICIPAL MANAGER