ADMINISTRATION CLERK (DCRS CLERK)
MAGISTRATE OFFICE: NORTHAM
Private Bag X 1001, NORTHAM, 0360
No 24, Dwars Sreet, NORTHAM, 0360
Sub-Office File 2/1/5
11 MARCH 2021
VACANCY CIRCULAR LETTER
POST: ADMINISTRATION CLERK (DCRS CLERK)
CENTRE: MAGISTRATE NORTHAM
SALARY: R 173 703 – R 204 612 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- A Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Appropriate/relevant administrative experience.
- Experience in court-related functions, recordings and/or case flow management will be an added advantage.
- Driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
Skills and competencies:
- Computer literacy;
- Communication (written and verbal);
- Good interpersonal relations;
- Ability to work under pressure and to solve problems;
- Customer service
- Knowledge of document management and filing
- Maintenance of criminal record books and charge sheets;
- Writing and tracing of summonses;
- Writing of witness fees books;
- Completion and issuing of committal warrants and arrest warrants;
- Provide administrative support in general court and case flow management;
- Filing of case documents (charge sheets) and other court papers;
- Perform digital recording of court proceedings and ensure the integrity of such records.
- Operate and provide support to court systems, e.g. e-scheduler/Integrated Case Management Systems (ICMS), Video Remands, document scanning, data capturing, etc
- Provide any other administrative support as required by the Judiciary, Court Manager and/or Supervisor
ENQUIRIES: Mr Motshana M ( (014) 784 4441/2
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to:
The Court Manager, Magistrate Northam, Private Bag X 308, NORTHAM, 0360 or hand deliver to Reception Area: No 24, Dwars Sreet, NORTHAM, 0360
CLOSING DATE: 01 APRIL 2021
The Department of Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of SA, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the EE imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) and relevant HR policies of the Department will be taken into consideration. Successful candidates may be required to undergo security clearance.
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za. Applications should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license. The CV must accompany the Z83 and all other supporting documents required. Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The Department of Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1)(i) of the Constitution of SA, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the EE imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) and relevant HR policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from us within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The department reserves the right not to fill this position.
NB: Preference will be given to African males, disabled persons, coloureds, Indians and whites.