ADMIN CLERK: CHILD JUSTICE.
MAGISTRATE OFFICE: LOUIS TRICHARDT
PRIVATE BAG X2403, LOUIS TRICHARDT, 0920 – Tel: 015 516 0108
Sub-Office File 2/1/5
Date: 11 MARCH 2021
POST: ADMIN CLERK: CHILD JUSTICE.
CENTRE: MAGISTRATE LOUIS TRICHARDT
SALARY: R 173 703 – R 204 612 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification.
- A tertiary paralegal qualification will serve as an added advantage.
- Appropriate/relevant administration experience.
- Valid drivers’ license will be an added advantage;
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Numeracy and Literacy;
- Interpretation of acts and regulations;
- Communication skills;
- Computer literacy.
- Undertake administrative functions in respect of protection and alternative Care Orders;
- Dealing with Children who are in conflict with the law and ensuring that all the necessary assessments are conducted which might provide substantial evidence in the Children’s Court;
- Keep registers of Child Justice Court, register cases for trial, and allocate trial dates in consultation with Magistrates;
- Compile Child Justice Court statistics;
- Open files, issue subpoenas, and perform general administrative duties;
- Gather information, follow up on files and outstanding cases;
- Preliminary screening of Family law and Child Justice Court disputes;
- Assist with Court preparation of vulnerable witnesses, with special emphasis on Children in sexual offenses cases;
- Assist the Children’s Court in matters emanating from the Children’s Act;
- Candidates will also be expected to assist with any other administrative and other related duties as necessary and required by their supervisors / Office managers.
ENQUIRIES: Ms. Matenzhe P.J ( (015) 516 0108
APPLICATIONS: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to Postal address: The Court Manager: Magistrate Louis Trichardt, Department of Justice and Constitutional Development, PRIVATE BAG X2403, LOUIS TRICHARDT, 0920 OR hand deliver at Reception Area, Magistrate Louis Trichardt.
CLOSING DATE: 01 APRIL 2021
The Department of Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of SA, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the EE imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998), and relevant HR policies of the Department will be taken into consideration. Successful candidates may be required to undergo security clearance.
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department, or on the internet at www.gov.za. Applications should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity documents,s and driver’s licenses (where applicable). A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. The CV must accompany the Z83 and all other supporting documents required. Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from us within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The department reserves the right not to fill these positions. No e-mailed, late, or faxed applications will be accepted.