Vendor Adoption Coordinator
Anglo Coal is offering an opportunity to join us as a Vendor Adoption Coordinator to enable suppliers on supply chain systems as well as support the Supply Chain team in promoting MDM value proposition amongst operational stakeholders and other allocated activities.
At Anglo American, we are committed to making lasting positive change for our colleagues, host communities, consumers, and our planet. We are working towards extraordinary outcomes, always searching for better ways to do things, questioning the status quo, and innovating with purpose.
Coal South Africa
Coal, providing heat to make electricity and steel, remains the great driver of the industrial world. We are a leading global supplier, with our select group of high-performing Mpumalanga-based assets delivering millions of tonnes of thermal coal a year to export markets across several continents.
You will take on a range of responsibilities which will include the following;
- Implement a system to track the condition of all underground conveyor belts
- Establish and control excellent maintenance of the underground conveyor belts
- Manage the patrolling and sweeping of underground conveyor belt
- Manage all contractors within your area of responsibility
- Effective budgeting and cost control
- Ensure MHSA, safety, and environmental standards and procedures are always maintained and compiled with
- Enforce and maintain discipline standards in the area of responsibilities
This role is in the Supply Chain Department at Band 7 and will be reporting to the MDM Manager
- Higher Certificate/Diploma in Supply Chain Management or related field (NQF6)
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in the supply chain with specific experience in vendor management
- Good experience in Supply Chain admin and data capturing
- Experience in the mining industry Advantageous
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a globally diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, but we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 11 May 2021